Nvidia or ATI ???

cavemangrinder

Fully Optimized
I need some opinions here. I am looking for a decent graphics card. I'm debating over the GeForce 8600GT or the Radeon HD 2600 XT.

Which company produces better graphics in general?

the cards with the best price to performance ratio are the ATI Radeon 3850s which have made the 2600 obsolete and the 8800GT 256MB version which can be picked up for about £125 (for dollars just multiply by two) and a 3850 256MB is around £100 and the 512MB version is about £125 I think. These cards have pretty much replaced the cards you stated in the your first post. These cards will play most things available today, but they will probably struggle a bit with the newer DX10 games. What is card you need going to be doing exactly?

I haven't seen many posts lately at all about ATI cards...

That might be a sign in itself that at least this community seems in favor of Nvidia. There are some amazing cards produced by Nvidia though, I'll say.. I've never used ATI, and most people I know who were all ATI fan boys, are loading on the 8800GT's now..

yer. i had the x800 then went straight to the 7600gs and about to move up to the 8800 gts

I need a card basicaly for photo editing (photoshop), minor gaming, and maybe watching some dvds. Within the $100-$125 range. I'm cheap like that:D

I seem to favor Nvidia myself, maybe just because everyone else says it is better and I am just following the trend and disregarding ATI.

Back
Top Bottom