Xbox 360 Or Wii?

I like the Wii and the 360, I play both about the same. The Wii is much cheaper, hardware for each is about the same. Motion control on the Wii is fun, but can get tiring after a couple hours. If you're into classic games, that's a good pro for the system, you don't have go buy a bunch of used consoles. Right now the titles are lacking compared to the 360, but there are a few solid games out right now. Zelda is INCREDIBLE and will last you a good 50-60 hours or more out of it and it stays interesting. Mario Galaxy pushed the limits of the hardware and is gorgeous to me, while still running almost 100% smoothly. There are a few more titles I'm looking forward to, namely NiGHTS and Smash Bros, but they have been delayed past Christmas as you probably know. The downside to most of the Wii games is that they are short. I don't like people saying the Wii is only good for groups, because that isn't true. Granted, that's where it shines, but Zelda and Mario are not multiplayer and were pulled off exceedingly well. Wii also has the web browser, weather, Mii, etc. apps that are fun occasionally, but are a little gimmicky. But overall, you could have a nice system for $350 with a good 100 hours of gameplay ahead of you (Zelda and Mario are a MUST here, if you don't want those then don't get the system), and then Wii sports as well.

The 360 is nice, online play is superb but it's $50 a year, so yeah. Controls are pretty standard. Graphics are top notch usually. More titles out there, although a lot of them just seem run-of-the-mill and there's not much to set them apart from other similar games. It's rare that I ever "feel" the games, whereas I can usually feel a connection with Wii games. Xbox Live does have arcade, which allows downloadable games and demos (Wii doesn't have the hard drive space necessary, but they have done "previews" in the past, like for Metroid.). I would also say the 360 is better for high-def TVs than Wii, which I think is only good for 720p but don't quote me on that. I have a 720 TV so it's all good there.

There's the pros and cons right there, hope that helps you decide.

Wow, I'm glad I typed all that since I just noticed this thread was old. But maybe it will help others decide.

Back
Top Bottom