vista home premium upgrade help

Gateway_gtxxxxx

In Runtime
vista home premium upgrade help ASAP

when i try to upgrade, it copies the files and moves on to the next step but while its doing all of this it restarts like two time i think and then when it say on the monitor vista is starting for the first time, it loads up to where the windows home officially was and then restarts...
it happened to me twice already and i had to roll back to home edition...
i already ran the vista upgrade advisor and it said im ok to upgrade, my specs are pentium d dual core, 2gb ram, (2) 250gb SATA HDD's but ones empty, pci-e 256mb gddr3 7600gt video card

HELP me please

are you installing it from windows? if your not then try that. if you are then try booting from it and installing it that way.

i tried installing from the boot but it tells me i need to install it from windows.

i was thinking since i have a second sata hdd and it doesnt have anything on it, what if i put all of my important files like my music and pics and movies on it and install a fresh copy of home premium on my other hdd with home edition and then put everything back onto my original hdd when vista finish installing. will it work

i was thinking since i have a second sata hdd and it doesnt have anything on it, what if i put all of my important files like my music and pics and movies on it and install a fresh copy of home premium on my other hdd with home edition and then put everything back onto my original hdd when vista finish installing. will it work
Yeah, that will work.

well it worked yay me, im offically in vista and now i was wondering all of my older programs, can i just move them from the windows old folder to the new program files and will it work?

well it worked yay me, im offically in vista and now i was wondering all of my older programs, can i just move them from the windows old folder to the new program files and will it work?
Depends. It may for some programs, but don't count on it. Many programs need registry entries and other things put in during the installation process, not just the files. Also, some of the programs may not be compatible with Vista at all.

Depends. It may for some programs, but don't count on it. Many programs need registry entries and other things put in during the installation process, not just the files. Also, some of the programs may not be compatible with Vista at all.

thanks

i dont want to start a new thread so im going to say it in here...

my second hdd, why does it keep shuting off on its own, is that normal, it doesnt happen all the time, but it happens though

Back
Top Bottom