Normal Router As Wireless Repeater

ssc456

Fully Optimized
hi,

just changed from AOL to tiscali and i now use the tiscali router as my main internet connection but i still have the old netgear router from AOL,

how do i use the netgear as a wireless repeater ? or can it even be done

i now have a Speedtouch ST585, and i have the netgear connected through the LAN 2 port and i have turned DHCP off on the netgear, but its not showing up as connected on the speedtouch, i think i need a cross over cable ? do i,

well apart from that what do i need to do can n e 1 explain to me please, i need the internet over my house, this is my GF's net lol so its not illegal and obviously i wouldnt have access to her router lol if i didnt know here or n e thing.

n e ways can n e 1 help ?

I was going to suggest disabling DHCP and put it on the same subnet as the other router. Try that anyways to see if it works.

really think i need to dig out my cross over cable as its not even picking up the netgear, and its a netgear dg834

you can use an alternate firmware, called ddwrt, and that has a wireless repeater function. but only in version 24 and your router has to be supported. theres 2 netgear routers that are supported

Back
Top Bottom