SATA Drivers?

Mattyl110792

Daemon Poster
Hey,

I've just built a new PC and am now trying to install Vista onto it. I'm at the point of the harddisk selection etc and am having trouble getting the SATA drivers working. I assumed that the SATA drivers were on the Motherboard disc, so I put that in and loaded the one titled Serial ATA Driver from the chipset folder. Nothing came up.

SO I wanna know where I can get the correct drivers or if i'm doing anything wrong?

The motherboard is an ASUS P5GC-MX and it's a WD Caviar 500GB SATA

Thanks,

Matt

It's possible it's looking for RAID drivers.... That's the only thing I can think of.

I've tried all the drivers on the ASUS disc, and can't find any drivers online. It's getting really frustrating.

I have never had to put sata drivers on during install before only raid drivers. Is it not seeing your hard drives at all?

certain your drives are pluged in to the mobo and power supply correctly and firmly?

Lol. Just as you posted that I went off to check the BIOS, sure enough there was nothing there. I then realised I needed to unplug the power to get to something inside the case. I feel so stupid now lol.

Thanks guys,

Matt

usually the drive having no power MIGHT affect the drives performance, i get really slow transfers when my power cable isnt plugged :p

dont worry, ive had my fair share of dumb mistakes

Lol, i've already blown a PSU today, house still smells of smoke lmao. Hopefully all goes well now :)

Matt

Back
Top Bottom