New Computer Complete

Should look good when you finish tidying up the cabling ;)

Question: What is the slot blower for?? It seems to be too far from the video card (if that's what it is supposed to be cooling)

I just put that there to get some more exaust out of the computer that's all. I tried putting it closer to GPU but it was touching it so I moved it up.

Nice computer :)

Personally, I'd take out that extra blower you have. They are very loud things. I had that model, and taking it out made such a difference.

OMG! You built your dad this computer? If I may ask, how old is he? i know you told us he is into computers, but I didn't know it was THIS deep.

That machine should run games like Crysis maxed out at a reasonable resolution. I know you guys will have fun on that machine, it appears to be one of the best ever posted on the forum.. :)

Oh, and you say you are overclocking? That thing should overclock like a beast and still stay stable and at reasonable temperatures due to the Zalman HSF and that big ass side panel fan

Nice choice of PSU :p
Most people skimp out on the PSU, and come to regret it later. That is a very good PSU. Really very good choices of hardware all around.

Yes it's a gift from me to my dad. It cost roughly $1575 US Dollars to build, not bad. My dad is 46. He's not even a real gamer. Just everyday use, and some sport and some fps games. He likes FEAR, so I'm trying to get him into COD4 and Crysis.

I don't mean to get all soft, because I'm not a softy, but my dad has done a lot for me in the past, dugged me out of the hole many times. I figured I would build him this beast as my token of appreciation. I worked 176hrs in a pay period so that I may pay my bills, and buy all these parts to make this thing alive. He told me I could give him my other 1, so I may have the new build/better one. As much as I wanted to, I couldn't, and it wouldn't be the same if I did. I gave it to him today, and man, I never seen someone so happy in my life. He didn't cry out of happiness, but I could tell he almost wanted to.

Back
Top Bottom