Ok New Idea

some people have a perfectly legite reason for using proxies though

That's true. I didn't think of that. I never use them because I have no reason to but some people use them at school or even work to access the forums.

i think lhusers on too something! *spam patrol* :D

Yeah that's what I thought. Give the user a title of Spam and flame Patrol. It helps the actual mod, by giving a hand when they are away. They are not expected to be there like in work, so that would give them more freedom without visiting the forum for spam checking...well...I don't know how to say it.

Personally, what I'd recommend would be a special type of group that is approved by mods, and with that approval, could bump the user's priviledges to be a spam filtering and/or thread closing.

All that would need to be done would be just to have the user's priv bumped to a higher rank that CF Priviledged and have access to just the Spam Archive as for just moving threads in.

i like that idea, although thats what i meant when i said "mods" that could just edit out peoples posts\close\move threads, just enough to deal with spam threads.

Personally, what I'd recommend would be a special type of group that is approved by mods, and with that approval, could bump the user's priviledges to be a spam filtering and/or thread closing.

All that would need to be done would be just to have the user's priv bumped to a higher rank that CF Priviledged and have access to just the Spam Archive as for just moving threads in.

they really would need the ability to disable accounts also. Like this morning when turkeyface posted 40 odd spam threads in 15 minutes...a user with the ability to only delete or move threads and posts would really be useless.

Lowndsey, I do believe a banning tool for just a day's ban would be enough. The mod may modify the ban afterwards. I have never had the opportunity to try that, as my mod accoun has never been fully enabled.

In theories, the mods here are NOT AT ALL mods. They are Super moderators. A typical mod cannot edit user's avatar, ban, and features that seems to fit an Admin.

Lowndsey, I do believe a banning tool for just a day's ban would be enough. The mod may modify the ban afterwards.

yeah I agree either way. I am just saying that a mod the can move and delete posts isn't enough during a spam attack.

Yeab, a 24 hour ban would be better. These people would have more responsibilities...and also SHOULD be found more in the forum than mods. What I mean is; 14 mods for a forum, we should have 20 spam patrols.

Back
Top Bottom