EVGA 8800GT Superclocked Version

the 8800GTS 640 is worse than the card you got.

you can use Evga's step up program to get a 8800GTX and all you have to do is pay the difference between what you payed for the GT to the GTX, this offer lasts 90 days after you buy the card.

At least I have no issues with the GTS 640 on my other computer lol. I do get a higher fps on the 8800GT though, but I'm just upset about this, I just pray it's just a driver issue. I was reading in another forum some1 else had the same problem with a evga superclocked, and a BFG OC, tried both!!. If it's happening on different brands, I'm guessing it is possible it could be just a driver issue. People are saying when the GPU is hitting 71C it freezes into a loop on the card, and then freezes.

I dunno, I'm just babbling lol. I'll just keep some faith that a driver will fix my problem and many many others.

ok but if by 2 months from now you cant get it working, i would use the Step Up program to get a new 8800GT\the new GTS\GTX

It's good to go now. I put it back to the Superclocked settings, and cranked the gpu fan to 65%. The load temps do not hit over 65c, not bad. I guess it's a great card, runs games great, but nvidia really needs to step up on that reccommend cooling for it. Before it was 70c, I do not know why that made the difference but it seems it did. :) I'm happy now

im thinkin it might be the 620 watt psu you have... i mean you've got a very demanding system on 620 watts... thats just my opinion though

Back
Top Bottom