Hard Drive Compatibility

NeciFiX

In Runtime
So,

My old computer has a 60GB hard drive that I just took out, it got partitioned really badly when I tried to install Windows XP so I need to re-format it somehow and get the Windows XP off since I just can't get it on and want it off anyways. I was going to use this for myself but I got plenty of HDD space and my comp doesn't need more of its PSU wattage being used. My brother is addicted to old hard drives for Music, so, I figure this'd be a perfect Christmas present. I need to undo the Windows XP (or drop it off on him, it IS a free hard drive after all lol) and give it to him. However, he uses a Mac G5, I need to know if the model # WD600AB-00CBA0 Western Digital Hard Drive is Mac/PC compatible. I've looked on Google but can't find ANY info.

Thanks,

NeciFiX

P.S. I found this: http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc...3RleHQ9d2Q2MDBhYi0wMGNiYTA*&p_li=&p_topview=1 on Western Digital but it doesn't exactly list compatibility.

Errm... I wasnt taking to you dude. My post was aimed at turkeyman. And about the HD - If it's IDE, then it should be Mac compatible. But i'm not an expert on Mac Hardware. Oh, and by the way. I dont have a grandmother...

He was talking about Penises (...), which is why:

1.) I made the reply to his post (Quoting it...)
2.) The post got deleted (spam)

Oh. My brother said he needed USB hard drives or whatever, the hard drive doesn't have a USB port on it, does he mean he needs a hard drive with a USB ENCLOSURE or that already has a USB port on it?

Well, the only hard drivers with USB Ports on them are External Ones. So, you'd need EIDE USB Hard Drive enclosure.

Well, the only hard drivers with USB Ports on them are External Ones. So, you'd need EIDE USB Hard Drive enclosure.

So, if I got a EIDE USB Hard Drive enclosure he could use the USB port on the enclosure and wouldn't need one on the Hard drive? Sorry, new to this stuff. The USB port on the enclosure he could use and the hard drive would work?

Right. The Drive will go Into the enclosure, and basically turn the internal hard drive into an external one. The hard drive will sit OUTSIDE his mac, and will plug into it with a USB cable.

OK, Sounds good! I wonder how much an enclosure will cost. I don't know how to partition it myself, so I might as well just let him do it, but, I could buy the enclosure for him.

Back
Top Bottom