Xbox 360 Or Wii?

the only reason i say dont get a 360 is becouse u got that nice gaming pc
and a lot of the 360 games r pc as well
your not going to find almost any of the wii games on pc or 360 platform

you make a good point but i think the reason i want to get a console is to get away from my PC and be able to play video games while sitting on my couch or hanging out in my living room. And also I like the idea of having other people to play with at the same time.

My friend stopped playing his after a month, he only uses it now when people are over.

i really don't want that to happen. I like the idea of having people to play with and a console that caters to that but if it gets to the point where I dont want to play it by myself anymore that would be the point where i've realized i made a bad purchase.

Wii = party machine.

I can guarentee you, you will get bored of it when no one else is around.

You're going to want the 360 for when no one is over, you can sit your ass down and chill out to have some fun. And the 360 has some awesome titles for when friend do come over.

Wii = party machine.

I can guarentee you, you will get bored of it when no one else is around.

You're going to want the 360 for when no one is over, you can sit your ass down and chill out to have some fun. And the 360 has some awesome titles for when friend do come over.

ArrizX saves me a lot of typing. i agree.

360 all the way. It has an amazing lineup of games, and Xbox Live can't be beat. XBL makes the purchase worth it.

If anyone else has a 360 and wants to play some Gears, Halo, whatever, hit me up. Gamertag: KKlick

Well to start the XBOX 306 has some good titles and seems like a decent price, but if you consider what you are actually getting its not. You are pretty much getting just a game console that says HD. Well because Microsoft is so paranoid about people trying to emulate their games they use modified read systems and thus you cant play HD movies on it. So to do that you need to go buy the $150 add on which already makes it the same price as the PS3 which comes standard with the ability to play Blu-ray movies. Then if you wanted to play online you have to pay $15 a month for a feature that comes free with PS3. That comes out to $180 a year.
Then with the Wii, you get a system that is a blast. Its a little weak on the titles but its Nintendo so what can you expect. Unfortunately, for someone who wants to be a serious gamer, aka play online or play more then occasionally with friends, I find the Wii gets tiresome and it loses a lot of its charm. So I honestly recommend the PS3, yes its a bit expensive, but you get much more then the xbox 360, and a more serious machine then the Wii. You also know that you have the backing of a good game base and a Blu-ray movie player. Besides why would you want to support Microsoft?

Well to start the XBOX 306 has some good titles and seems like a decent price, but if you consider what you are actually getting its not. You are pretty much getting just a game console that says HD. Well because Microsoft is so paranoid about people trying to emulate their games they use modified read systems and thus you cant play HD movies on it. So to do that you need to go buy the $150 add on which already makes it the same price as the PS3 which comes standard with the ability to play Blu-ray movies. Then if you wanted to play online you have to pay $15 a month for a feature that comes free with PS3. That comes out to $180 a year.
Then with the Wii, you get a system that is a blast. Its a little weak on the titles but its Nintendo so what can you expect. Unfortunately, for someone who wants to be a serious gamer, aka play online or play more then occasionally with friends, I find the Wii gets tiresome and it loses a lot of its charm. So I honestly recommend the PS3, yes its a bit expensive, but you get much more then the xbox 360, and a more serious machine then the Wii. You also know that you have the backing of a good game base and a Blu-ray movie player. Besides why would you want to support Microsoft?

y wouldnt u support ms there a great company
get a wii
you have a gaming pc that most 360 titles u want including gears is out on pc and you can play them with better graphics and fps
wiis got nintendo games that r always fun great party and hardcore system plus Nintendo's great costumer service
also supersmash brawl + mario galaxy = pwn to me
ps3 right now honestly has nothing good on the market that makes it worth buy one
id buy a ps3 when i need a good quality blueray player
but basing it on games no

PS3 has the majority of backing in games that xbox has, the only difference is xbox has halo and ps3 has resistance. As for Microsoft, there are quite possibly the worst monopoly in the country and they are paranoid. The sell products that are vastly over priced and do not promote intellectual sharing.

PS3 has the majority of backing in games that xbox has, the only difference is xbox has halo and ps3 has resistance. As for Microsoft, there are quite possibly the worst monopoly in the country and they are paranoid. The sell products that are vastly over priced and do not promote intellectual sharing.
So if the Xbox 360 is vastly overpriced, what is the PS3?

Let me list some amazing games the 360 has that the PS3 does not:
Gears of War
Halo 3
Saints Row
Oblivion
Fable
Mass Effect
Bioshock
Forza

And that's just off the top of my head. Let's see the PS3 compete with that.

I am not saying the xbox is over priced I am just saying that because its cheaper doesn't mean its better. You don't get the movie player, and you have to pay for online. As for the games, out of your list I know ps3 has Oblivion because I have it, as for the others I am not sure I haven't heard of them all. I will admit that there are great games for xbox but there are also great games for ps3 that aren't out for xbox. I am just not a fan of Microsoft in general and in addition I don't like having to pay for online and not being able to play movies. Obviously it is a preference for some and not for others. For instance I have played Gears of War and I am really not that impressed with it. I think the graphics are cheesy and some of the features are a bit over the top. Others love the game and I understand I am just giving you my opinion.

I am not saying the xbox is over priced I am just saying that because its cheaper doesn't mean its better. You don't get the movie player, and you have to pay for online. As for the games, out of your list I know ps3 has Oblivion because I have it, as for the others I am not sure I haven't heard of them all. I will admit that there are great games for xbox but there are also great games for ps3 that aren't out for xbox. I am just not a fan of Microsoft in general and in addition I don't like having to pay for online and not being able to play movies. Obviously it is a preference for some and not for others. For instance I have played Gears of War and I am really not that impressed with it. I think the graphics are cheesy and some of the features are a bit over the top. Others love the game and I understand I am just giving you my opinion.
Whoops, I didn't think they has Oblivion for PS3. Oh well.

If BluRay doesn't win the format war, and HD-DVD does (HD DVD is winning right now) then it's pointless. Microsoft made a good choice by not constraining itself to either media format, but making it an optional accessory.

The reason you have to pay for Xbox Live is because it's better! No game will ever be able to compete with Halo's matchmaking system. Ever. It's simply amazing.

I'm not really sure what great games you're talking about for the PS3? Resistance wasn't really that great of a game, and I can't really think of any others.

Back
Top Bottom