Looking at a new vid card

setishock

Wizard of Wires
I'm not a gamer nor do I have deep pockets. I want to build a media center based on a high end motherboard and a dual core cpu. I've choosen the board I want and the cpu. Now comes the fun part. Finding the rest of the goodies. As much as I would love to have a eVGA vid card the local shops don't have them. Yeah it stinks but I found this>>>

PNY - Verto GeForce 8500 GT Graphics Card
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1176507039580

Comments?

Thanks for fixing the link.
As for buying online yeah you can't beat NewEgg's prices. But I'm really leary about online shopping. The other problem is I may get called tonight to go somewhere else and be in west BF the next day.

you can just put a note on your door that says "just leave it here" and sign your name.

also newegg's customer support is second to none. they even payed for my shipping THERE on my 2nd RMA of my crap PSU.

Update
I dug a little deeper into ciruit city's website and found the local store did in fact have the 8500GS 256 pci-e x16 card from eVGA. Checked eVGA's site for MSRP and it was the same as the store. $79.95usd. So I got that one.
I'm burning it in tonight on the dell box and will connect it to my Acer 20" dvi lcd monitor in the morning. Riddick will be the test movie.

the 8500GT is pretty good specially for non gamers. you can fire up a couple of good demos to try stuff out :)

i would seriosuly not go with the 8500 gt. rather find a better deal on a 8600 or a 7600 GS for like same price

Back
Top Bottom