Help with A+

ok i think i really want to do this. i need some help doing the reasearch and stuff.

1.) what kind of book should i get so i know what i need to know?
2.) i need help finding a place to take it, somewhere near Yakima, Washington
3.) ive seen sites with coupons, what site is the best to get this kinds of things?
4.) for those who have taken it, is it that hard?
5.) if you fail do you have to pay to take it again?

1) I've found quiz books to be the best. You are basically taking a fake quiz, but most explain what the answer is, and why.
2/3) Take a look on http://www.pearsonvue.org/ I used them to set up my exam. They offer vouchers for cheaper tests, and had a lot of test locations in my area.
4) I found it pretty easy. I took both tests (to get certified you need to take and pass two tests) in 1 hour and 45 minutes. They give you two hours for each tests (survey stuff included). If you spend enough time going through the books, and taking practice exams, it should not be hard.

5)yes.

wow, if i do take it i really hope i dont fail, i would feel so bad for my parents who payed for it :(

wow, if i do take it i really hope i dont fail, i would feel so bad for my parents who payed for it :(

Just take your time when you study. I studied for a year before I took the exam.

{Edit} If you want more oppinions, talk to DJ_Chris. I know he is A+ certified. I think Raffaz is too, but I'm not 100% on that.

hey ruddy shame ur not in the uk im gonna do my A+ after xmas i cud do with a study partner im sure we could have lots of threads on here bout it though.

I done the A+ ages ago, and im busy doing the MS ones aswell. The best book IMO would be the Mike Myers all in one, just make sure you get the newest edition or you will be studying for the old exam.

Also take a look at www.certforums.co.uk for more help on your certs.:)

Back
Top Bottom