Just Got Ultimate - Help?

toole13

In Runtime
I just got Vista Ultimate and I want to install it. I only have 1GB of RAM in my computer now. Should I get another stick in order to install Ultimate, or will 1GB be enough?

Depends what you want to do with it. For everyday use (office apps, internet browsing, light gaming) it'll run fine. For real gaming though, you'll want 2 gigs.

It really depends on what you want to do with your computer.

I had 1 gig and it worked fine, and to be honest, i had it running on 512 before, and it ran fine for everyday work. If you are gaming though, you will want 2gb

Yeah im just surfing the internet, IMing, and Office apps. No gaming really. Thanks for the help.

Yeah, then don't bother with the extra gig. Although if in a few months your computer needs a little speed boost, another gig of RAM would certainly help. And RAM is really cheap now.

it's more when you are multitasking that 1 gig gets to be a problem. Or if you do any photo or graphic editing

sounds like you will be fine with 1gb, but the fact that ram is so cheap and easy to fit means you should consider upgrading in the near future when you have a bit of spare cash

Back
Top Bottom