Artifacats... With a brand new card!!!

Well, that won't explain my monitor :p

I've took screenshots and the artifacts have also stayed, and somehow moved around on teh screenshot.

I posted them up on here at one point, to find that none of you lot could see them except for me.

I dunno if this is even possible but could it be like the slot on the mobo like you clean the contacts on the card to get rid of artifacts try looking at the slot there could be some dirt inside the slot , Just a long shot but worth a look
As others have said as well could be a psu problem

Let me ask, are you using a DVI-analog converter? My brother had problems with those, if they aren't in tight they can do all sorts of freaky stuff.

Ok, first I will start with the power supply. It came with my $30 case about a year ago, so its crap. Yes my processor is OC'd about a ghz. I think I will get a new PSU.

Monitor, it is connected to my DVI slot on my graphics card. I have a secondary monitor connected to a DVI-VGA convertor. I will test on that monitor and see if I get artifacts now. And when I take screen shots there are no artifacts... Let me test my second monitor and see if I get any.

Let me ask, are you using a DVI-analog converter? My brother had problems with those, if they aren't in tight they can do all sorts of freaky stuff.

i use two of them and i have no issues with them, but i have them screwed in all the way, which is hard when you have to put two of them on there.

anyways, un overclock your system, see if you get the same results.

Ok, just preformed 2 tests, one on each monitor. Artifacts on one... Not the other... So I guess I will be sending my lcd in for RMA now... And I will hold off on the power supply.

Damn this sucks!!! Wasted all that time on the graphics card before. Let me check the cables first.

Little more info. Switched cables on the 2 dvi ports, and it has the problem after coming out or sleep mode. I will try using the VGA cable with it, and see if my friend has another DVI cable I could use, and than try his computer with my monitor tommorrow. I hope I have a warrenty on this thing!!

And finally, some more info, with a bump. I just tested with VGA cables into my monitor instead of DVI, and it worked. So, I will try to grab a new DVI cable sometime. Or see if my friend has one.

Ouch. Hopefully it's the cable and not the monitor. If a new cable doesn't fix things, sounds like it's a problem with the DVI port on the monitor.

Yeah, I hope its not the DVI port. I hope its the cable. My friend is going to see if he has a dvi cable at his house and let me test it. One thing I noticed, idk if you will be able to understand what I'm trying to explain, but here goes:
On my cable, there were 2 sets of 9 pins, and than one wide piece of metal that plugs into the DVI port. There were no pins around that wider piece like my dvi-analog convertors have.

This is what mine looks like:
dvi-cable-01.jpg

Yeah, that's normal. There are different types of DVI cables, that's a single link DVI-D, which is the most common.

Back
Top Bottom