Pulled Over!

the trouble is that they have so many pathetic targets to meet some pigs just go after stupid tickets to boost their numbers.. sounds like you got one which needed a boost with his numbers..

the thing that really annoys me is those community support officers over here.. they do nothing, yet seem to think they are important.. i lost any respect for those community support officiers after the story about that kid who drowned in a pond while they were watching.. the fishermen dived in to help the kids, yet they refused because the shallow pool 'may be against health and safety'. bloody idiots.. that kid could well be alive now if it wasnt for those community support officiers..

i will get out the way for coppers if they are coming up behind me.. but i have alot more respect for firefighters and ambulance crews.. the police do nowhere near enough against drugs and guns/knives, they just go after easy numbers..

$50 isn't too much. just pay it and learn. it sucks but you just gotta do it. no way you'd win in court, and $50 isn't that much to argue over.

$50 isn't too much. just pay it and learn. it sucks but you just gotta do it. no way you'd win in court, and $50 isn't that much to argue over.
I got fined £60 last year for doing 33mph in a 30mph zone, I saw the camera flash as I went past, incidentally in some areas in England cameras take two shots, one of the front of the vehicle & one of the back so that they could "see who was driving if they had an accident", [doh!!] of course if & when this accident happens they could of changed seats anyway, what a load of *ankers, ah, but new technology is about to happen!!, oh yes, instead of a film, cameras are going digital, so instead of physically lowering a camera, putting a new film in & hoisting it again, they can download it at Police HQ instantly meaning they can fine you quicker, OK, let's raise a cheer for this latest innovation:rolleyes:, probably you Americans have had this years, haven't you?

I got fined £60 last year for doing 33mph in a 30mph zone, I saw the camera flash as I went past, incidentally in some areas in England cameras take two shots, one of the front of the vehicle & one of the back so that they could "see who was driving if they had an accident", [doh!!] of course if & when this accident happens they could of changed seats anyway, what a load of *ankers, ah, but new technology is about to happen!!, oh yes, instead of a film, cameras are going digital, so instead of physically lowering a camera, putting a new film in & hoisting it again, they can download it at Police HQ instantly meaning they can fine you quicker, OK, let's raise a cheer for this latest innovation:rolleyes:, probably you Americans have had this years, haven't you?

yea, I don't think I've ever seen a speed camera that uses film.

yea, I don't think I've ever seen a speed camera that uses film.

we have them in australia. Stationary permanent cameras on the side of the road when you go past them speeding you see a big flash go off and you know you have been caught. Got done by one when on holiday once.

Yeah, especially when it comes to not wearing a seatbelt. Those fines are sure heavy...and I'm sure they're going to take the officer's word for it over yours.

the officer never said that he wasnt wearing his seatbelt while driving, he just said when he came there, if the judge thinks thats not fair then he could cancel the ticket, and there is no legal charge by going to court over a ticket, my brother just did it and it was free :confused:

@arrizx
108$ sounds right, although it seems to go up every year, i swear it was a 72$ ticket a couple years ago.

wrong.. its so you cant say someone else was driving the car when the picture was taken.. nothing to do with accidents

I got fined £60 last year for doing 33mph in a 30mph zone, I saw the camera flash as I went past, incidentally in some areas in England cameras take two shots, one of the front of the vehicle & one of the back so that they could "see who was driving if they had an accident", [doh!!] of course if & when this accident happens they could of changed seats anyway, what a load of *ankers,

It is taken so that the Demerit points is deducted from the correct persons licence. In Australia the person who's name is listed on the registration papers automatically gets the fine and points deducted but if it wasnt you driving you can sign an affadavit saying who it was and that is when the photo comes into it.

Your a new driver, so your 16 I'm guessing? and can't take time off? Give me a break. When is your court date? Probably during school, go to the court, more than likely it will be dropped. Did the pig give you this ticket toward the end of the month to fill his quota?
Way to respect police offers. :rolleyes:

As for the ticket, there's not much you can do. It's the officer's word vs. yours and in my opinion the chance of winning is fairly low. By all means if you feel like fighting back, do it but if it happened to me I probably wouldn't.

Your a new driver, so your 16 I'm guessing? and can't take time off? Give me a break. When is your court date? Probably during school, go to the court, more than likely it will be dropped. Did the pig give you this ticket toward the end of the month to fill his quota?

Pig? How 60's of you and mark thorpe. I trust you won't be thinking that next time your ass is in a sling and a police officer comes to your rescue.
By the way PIG stands for Pride, Integrity, Guts.

As for the ticket, it would appear that it was just a matter of the officer's perspective. You do have some options. One would be to get the court date moved. Call the courthouse and see what that would take. I had one moved 3 times due to my work load. Finally got in and had my day in court.
Another one would be to have the case turned over to the night court. Most cities do have a night court.
Good luck with that.

Back
Top Bottom