Okay help me find a TV!

Thanks for the input guys. Here are the ones i've kind of narrowed it down to. I do have a question though about how they word things though. But anyway here are the 4 i've got it down to.

32" Samsung
Now I know this one is all 720P. Says nothing about 1080i/p anywhere.

Sharp 32" AQUOS Now this is kind of confusing to me. If you go under screen resolution it says 720P but then under HDMI/Component Inputs it shows it going to 1080I.

LG 37" LCD HDTV This looks like my overall best value for the price. High contrast ratio etc. It says its only 720P though but under HDMI inputs it says 1080I and 1080P. But under component it just has 1080I. WTF is this stuff and how would HDMI be hooked up? What components will I need besides a HDMI cable. What the hell do I plug that into?

Toshiba 37" LCD HDTV And finally the one Rudster suggested which is the highest priced one. It has the same story as the LG above. 720P but supports 1080I/P. Does this mean it scales it or native is 720P but can do 1080?

Thanks for the help so far guys!

they all say 720p. isnt there any good priced ones that are 1080p. circuit city seems really expensive too. are there any other stores near you that would carry this stuff?

To be honest theres really no other stores besides like audio stores etc that are going to charge a arm and a leg. She doesn't understand anything about them so its hard to tell her to go store to store deal hunting because she will probally confuse junk with a good price.

See the problem is I just wanted her to send me the money then I'd just order from one of my sites. She said she doesn't like to do that because she wants to have stuff to give me on Xmas. So that pretty much screws me into limited options/high prices because she won't shop at a store that isn't seen on TV all through the day.

What is the deal with the composites going up to 1080? I may email her and try and extend the budget because it looks like all the ones labeled 1080I/P are around $1200-$1400.

How is that 37" LG though? Looks like a pretty good deal.

LG is pretty good. if you remember quasar (something like that) back a 10 years or so thats the same company, they learned from other companies so they now make pretty good products.

you could check out some local dealers. the place i went to was a small chain and they were cheaper than the TV's at circuit city

Back
Top Bottom