Grabbing new PC...well refurb

lhuser

Golden Master
The sale is a sale that my mother can't say no. Her "new" Sempron 3000+ S754 is running slow...slower than her old AMD Athlon XP 2600+. So, we have a sale, consisting of a refurbished PC, wich is a HP a6000n AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ for only 250 bucks. That's right! 250 bucks for a loaded system.

Well, I decided I will also try to pick one up. The sale starts tommorow at 10am...so...I'll try to be there before :p

I'll see what Branded vs clone does.

The specs are as follows:

ASUS M2N68-LA
1GB DDRII (on mine, I'm throwing one more.)
250GB SATAII
Geforce 6150 (On mine, I'm throwing in my 8500GT)
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (My other is an Athlon 64 4000+)
15-in-1 card reader
DVD Burner with Lightscribe
Vista Home Premuim (Oh well...250 is loaded well)

This thing outperforms my build and mine costed me around 400...wow!

The only thing is that it's refurbished, there's a 200 limit per MTL wide...so I don't know how much are in a shop...so I better hurry.

If all goes well, we have two complete PC to bring home...one for mother, one for actual Multimedia. Let's see what HP really has for hardware flooring!
I'll try to ask the guy to remove only my warranty, as I'm looking not to have on e on mine only.

yea no kidding, id love to have a dual core pc... especially at that price! great find!

I would personally be trying to work out why a better spec computer is slower than an older one. But that just me mate. Good luck with the sale

thats weel good $250 for a athlon64 X2 4200+. what are the rest of the specs? can you get a cheap monitor to go with it as when ever im building a cheap system the monitor usually always doubles the price

The specs were mentioned in first post :p
ASUS M2N68-LA
1GB DDRII (on mine, I'm throwing one more.)
250GB SATAII
Geforce 6150 (On mine, I'm throwing in my 8500GT)
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (My other is an Athlon 64 4000+)
15-in-1 card reader
DVD Burner with Lightscribe
Vista Home Premuim (Oh well...250 is loaded well)

I would personally be trying to work out why a better spec computer is slower than an older one. But that just me mate. Good luck with the sale
I don't get what you're trying to say. Are you talking that I'd need to figure out why this Dual core PC is slower than an old PC, like a single core?

why her old 3000+ is running slower than her 2600+

The 3000+ is a sempron and has a limited FSB and limited cache
The 2600+ was a high performance processor and has a higher amount of cache.

If you benchmark, the 2600+ would pull ahead most of the time. I wouldn't suspect their to be any real noticeable performance difference however.

She actually felt the difference. Well, we went to the store and we didn't get the two HPs. There was 10 PCs and in a matter of 5 mins, they were all gone. We arived at 10:15...but...we striked a deal.

We returned home with two Acer Aspire PCs for 300 bucks instead of 400 bucks. Specs are as follows:

Pentium D 925
1GB DDRII
160GB SATAII
DVD Burner
9-in-1 card reader
SiS based board
Gigabit Thernet
8CH sound card

Not only that, but it's REALLY quiet! It feels as if it wasn't on, but in fact it is. Really quiet.

No HPs, but BRAND NEW Acers! No refurb stuff.

Back
Top Bottom