Artifacats... With a brand new card!!!

superman22x

Golden Master
I just sent my card in for RMA!!! Got my new 7900gs, and just played gears of war, and I am getting the same damn artifacts my old one was getting, but my temps are only 50 on idle, and after 10 minutes they were about 60. Maybe its not my graphics card?

Is it possible that maybe it is because my 500watt power supply isnt good enough? It's just one that came with my case, so it might not be a good steady 500Watts.

well the easiest way to see if it's the vid card or something else is to borrow a friends vid card and see if you still get artifacts.

hmm it shouldnt be the card problem. 500 watts is definitely able to run the system unless it came with your case. how long have u had this psu?

+1 and have you OC'd your CPU?

yep :D

Does it have enough amps on the +12V rail to power the card right?

the PSU has ran the card before so its definately got the amps

hmm it shouldnt be the card problem. 500 watts is definitely able to run the system unless it came with your case. how long have u had this psu?

more about the amps on the 12v rail then it is watts.

i would pick up a new PSU, sounds like your PSU has some serious capacitor aging, and its efficiency is way down because of it. i cant think of any other reason it would do that.

Could be your monitor.
I've realised that the LCD my brother bought a while back, now has dots, and lines appearing in games, and this is with 2 GPU's.

it isnt his monitor, he is able to take a screenshots with the artifacts on there if i remember correctly. if you havent tried to take screenies, then do it. if they come up clean while you have artifacts then its your monitor\cable.

Back
Top Bottom