Pulled Over!

Bahawolf1

Fully Optimized
Ugh.. so I was pulled over and given a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt..

Well, I was coming home from work and it was 11:30PM when I got to the corner and got ready to make my right. I saw a police officer parked waiting for speeders, and drunks.. or whatever, and I kindly nodded as I stopped my car at the stop sign. I have a lot of respect for the army, and police.. heck, I go to a criminal justice college!

Right after I complete my turn, I see the lights go on behind me and I slowly pull over to the right. I was so nervous because I have never been stopped that I completely turned the car off, restarted it to take down my mirror, took off my seatbelt, and shut the car again.

He got to my window and asked for my license and insurance information, which was in my glove compartment. I told him it was in there, so I slowly went for it as to not cause any surprise. I asked him what I had been stopped for, and he said, "Routine Stop.. One Moment."

So, I'm nervously shaking because I'm a new driver as I wait for the officer to finish up his checks and he returns to my car. He says to me, I'm giving you a ticket for having no seatbelt on. I said, sir.. officer, please.. I had the seatbelt on until I parked. I took it off because I'm a new driver and I'm nervous and unaware of protocol and the car was parked and OFF. He said, well you had it off when I got to the car..

So, fair or not.. I have a ticket to pay now..
I'm not appearing in court because I can't take time off, and I don't have a chance of possibly proving my word over his that I had it on.

Whats your opinions?

Unless you can go to court, there isn't anything you can do.

So.... looks like you just have to eat it.

Yeah, I pretty much have to eat it.
It sucks, but eh.. it could be worst.

I will say I did shake his hand at the end of the stop though..
I don't feel it was the best of situations I've been in, but I've had police help me out before and I have a lot of respect for them.

We all make mistakes.. and we all must learn from them.. if he made a mistake, or I did.. hopefully we don't repeat it.

if you took it off this time, maybe the next time you pulled over you probably would have too. you just have to learn from your mistakes, just tell your boss what happened and tell him you want to go to court and fight the ticket. when somebody punches you in the gut you step in the ring and fight, you just have to obey the rules ;)

if you took it off this time, maybe the next time you pulled over you probably would have too. you just have to learn from your mistakes, just tell your boss what happened and tell him you want to go to court and fight the ticket. when somebody punches you in the gut you step in the ring and fight, you just have to obey the rules ;)

Eh, I think I'd rather pay 50 bucks for the ticket than lose over a 100 by losing a day of work.. :p

Yeah just suck it up and pay the fine and get on with it and learn next time dont take the belt off.

The first time I was pulled over was for speeding, took off my seatbelt and all, I got a warning for speeding, nothing for the seatbelt... I would hate to pay for something that I didn't do. The justice system is all screwy. Even my criminal justice teacher, a former cop, thinks this. I got nothing against cops, I was pulled over by a nice cop, and I know several cops that are regulars to the fast food place I work at.

Eh, I think I'd rather pay 50 bucks for the ticket than lose over a 100 by losing a day of work.. :p

then why do you think its unfair? if your not willing to fight what is right, then what the officer did was right. you also dont just loose the fine, if you have your intermediate license then more tickets means you can get your license suspended, you also loose your dignity, your letting people bully you.

you can also get community service instead of the fine if the judge wants.

then why do you think its unfair? if your not willing to fight what is right, then what the officer did was right.
Do you realize how much money it would cost in legal bills to contest a charge like that?...with next to no chance of winning. Sometyime you just need to cut your losses.

Do you realize how much money it would cost in legal bills to contest a charge like that?...with next to no chance of winning. Sometyime you just need to cut your losses.

Yeah, especially when it comes to not wearing a seatbelt. Those fines are sure heavy...and I'm sure they're going to take the officer's word for it over yours.

Back
Top Bottom