Almost about to giveup

WiiManDustin

Baseband Member
Ok I have been trying about everything and nothing is working. So here's the whole issue...my friend put Firefox on his laptop and once the installation was done, the whole comp froze. We restarted it and it froze once again and the blue screen popped up:

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable tor remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory oprions such as caching or showing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

***STOP: 0X0000007A (0XE17B668, 0XC000000E, 0XBF8C4128, 0X186E8860)

***Win32k.sys - Address BF8C4128 base at BF800000, Darestamp 41107f7a

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump comp[lete.
Contact you system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

So I did a total factory system recovery, it still freezes and the blue screen of death comes up. The computer restarts and it logs in for about 3 minutes and freezes...the blue screen comes up and it restarts all over again.....I dunno if putting the Setup CD-ROM would work (but he doesn't have it...of course) So I dunno.......Im at wits end......help...please

The problem started after firefox was installed, so goto safemode and uninstall firefox. If that fails then go back to safemode and do a restore to a point when firefox wasnt there.

I did a total system restore....it is at factory settings....so nothing that was put on the computer after the first time he played with it are gone.......only the stuff that originally came on the computer is on it....

Back
Top Bottom