Router ... very irritating

Steemax

Daemon Poster
Ok ive had enough of attempts as a last resort ive come here.. I have a D-link router WBr-2310. It works fine just regularly serfing the internet.. but once I try to game randomly , probably every 2 minutes there will be this HUGE delay for 6 seconds everyone in world of warcraft or FEAR will just run in the same place and then it will kick in. Things ive eliminated.. I thought it might have been a bad DSL connection so i swiched to a different ISP and To Cable internet instead of DSL. That did nothing. Next i updated the routers firmwire to the latest which is 1.04. that Did nothing. I opened up all the ports for the games in port forwarding.. again that did nothing to help. Keep in mind I can surf the internet just fine and my downloads and when i do speed tests are all normal. I reall have no idea on most of the settings in the router so i was hoping there was something one of you guys would know t hat would fix this problem. I am indeed on a wired connection, I have tried wireless and it does same thing.. i have tried different comps.. same thing.. I have updated Network adapter drivers.. does nothing.. sooooo now what?

try bypassing the router once... see what happens.. that why you'll know if it's the router or your computer... if it still dose it then,,, then you can take the router out of the picture of being the problem....

try bypassing the router once... see what happens.. that why you'll know if it's the router or your computer... if it still dose it then,,, then you can take the router out of the picture of being the problem....
That was like the first thing i tried.. but i got it fixed now.. i just typed WBR-2310 World of warcraft issue in google and it took me a while but i found a forum that said to disable DNS relaying.. and i did and that fixed it.. :)

Who is your provider? Im in the UK and there is something called interleaving, maybe call your provider and get that turned off, gamers seem to love that.:)

Back
Top Bottom