I just noticed, High School sucks! Share your High School Experiances

NEED WOW NOW

Daemon Poster
Ok
I have been needing to get this out so here it goes.

Algebra teacher has given us homework for one month straight for everyday including weekends.
I have noticed that I don't have nearly as much free time to do what I want anymore. I have resorted to daydreaming and reading fantasy, romance, and action books that I downloaded.
I Hate the fact that my Spanish teacher doesn't notice ANYTHING that people get away with. I confess that I have cheated on most of the tests, also she puts "films" on but NO ONE watches them. All of them just talk and take advantage of the poor 90 year old. I mean I like the class because I get to listen to my ipod and text people but I feel so sad for her.
I feel that everything is going WAY TO FAST and that I'm like 10 steps behind.
I am going to sleep late and extremely tired during school. Does any one here tried getting more sleep and getting better grades because my grades r in the low to high B's.

There are good parts to high school but the Bad's are far out numbering the goods.

So anyone of you guys wanna give me advice or share about there High school year?

Some advice do activities, teachers don't care as much about you in high school as in middle and elementary school, its up to you now to figure out what you want to do, aka no hand holding. You will always get homework in math and science everyday its just a given...ya I know it sucks but you have to suffer through it. Low to high B's aren't bad, remember you don't have to go to Harvard/Yale/Princeton or whatever to be successful in life, so don't stress about it to much those aren't bad grades anyways. And thats my advice sloppily written out. Thank you, please come again.

It doesn't suck I like it its pretty fun, you just have to find things to liven up your day like being funny in class, laughing always helps get you through the day :D

To a parent that got Straight A's right on through college B's are a nightmare.

I just need something to cheer me up, and................ its just my parents are SOOOOOOO nagging.

I was once told that a Student that gets C's and B's works harder than a student that gets A's with ease. Is that true?

I hope that some long over due sleep chasing should help.

Its just things come at me way to fast now. Any more ways to get through high school would be greatly appreciated. I'm falling apart with the fact that my parents are killing me with there expectations of me.

Don't go to bed so late. I go to bed at 10:30 most nights, not because my parents make me, but because I want to because I'll be too tired at school tomorrow.

Pay attention in class. You really have to. Classes are too fast paced to not pay attention. Everything you learn builds on everything else you've learned, so if you didn't pay attention even for 5 minutes, you won't understand it.

You also have to learn how to study in high school. I never had to study in middle school. It was easy. High school is no joke though. It took me my entire freshman year to learn how to study. Now this year I'm doing excellent.

Like someone else said, join school activities. Get involved with your school. Definitely join at least one sport if you can.

Lastly, the best thing to take your mind of things - girls!

Thanks, Let me check that list:
1. Ok, I think i can go to sleep at 10:30 now instead of 12 or 11:30.
2. Lets hope the extra sleep ALLOWS me to pay attention, now I'm just about awake in till at least 4th period.
3. My History teacher gave me the best way to study, Read for 15 minutes and then go take a walk and review what you just read. It works but the thing is I'm always to lazy to do it.
4. Activities: Tae Kwon Do is enough as I'm going for my blackbelf in december. I'm also part of 2 clubs, yearbook where we work on the yearbook, and Computer Club.
5. Already done that, can't get this one girl out of my head. :)

OK thank you I really needed to see this thread because now I know that i need to start taking school even more seriously than before.

Thank you very much. ^.^
Happy now.

Highschool sucks big time for me. In grade 9 my dad had me put in all academic classes even though i was terrible at school and eventually had 2 convince him to let me drop down in some classes. I stayed in academic science and english both which I failed and went to summer school for. Also summer school sucks even more because everyone's always pissed off so its not easy to make friends there.

When i was in english that year it was pretty fun because my school is so pov that we had 2 use the dramma room as our classroom and since I already knew I was gonna fail me and some friends made a huge fort out of dramma props when the teacher was gone and when he came back I took off out the door on an old antique bicycle and he started yelling and flipping out. once he caught me the whole class got in sh!t. LOL that was an awesome time

now I am doing fine, I am in grade 12 with only 2 classes which isn't bad. But now all my the friends I once had are off with their girlfriends and now I'm all alone and sad :( lol

I think you'll do just fine NEED WOW NOW. Sounds like you're getting involved, which is key. You're exactly right, you need to take school more seriously now.

Also, I know it's gross and unhealthy, but if you're really tired in the morning, a cup of coffee helps. Eventually you'll start to get used to getting up so early and being able to run on less sleep. I'm one of those people who needs their 8 hours of sleep or they're just dead.

EDIT - The saying, "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" is really true in high school. Work hard, but you only go through it once! Have fun! Once you can balance "work" and "play" is when you'll start to succeed.

Back
Top Bottom