question

Fanatic4Christ

Daemon Poster
well im going to start going to college in august for computer science and i was wondering what things should i learn now so that when i go i dont really have to worry and it wont be hard, i have the program visual basic 6 the book and cd, is that something that i should learn if so or not what other stuff should i learn that could make this stuff easyier for me, i just want to get ahead in everything, thanks everyone

learn to program in C/C++ (some colleges might teach Java but either way C is a much better programming language to know for the real world) or at least have a good basic idea of it. It really helps to learn some of it yourself and get it fresh in your mind before you head off to school. Also, if you have any troubles with mathematics or english then you might want to brush up your skills on those subjects as well.

I only suggest learning some programming as a guideline but you will be perfectly fine going in not knowing anything because that was the case for me when i started working toward my degree. Just make sure you know how to operate a computer rather proficiently which I might guess that you already know how to do.

yeah i know quite a bit about simple stuff as in ive build like 5 computers and upgraded alot alot, also fixed alot and about math and english im taking those classes right now since im still in high school so ill be fresh with that still when i go in to college thanks though

I would give VB a run. A lot of the concepts that work in VB work in other languages (loops, If statments, or whatever).

I would atleast mess around with VB for a little bit. If you like it, and end up knowing it well, that just makes you more marketable after college.

yeah thats one reason that i wanted to do some stuff right now also because they might not teach it in college and it'll be more to add to my resume! haha

yeah thats one reason that i wanted to do some stuff right now also because they might not teach it in college and it'll be more to add to my resume! haha

for sure, anything else you can teach yourself on the side will certainly help you

Visual basics is a very good to learn , memorizing the sytanx, if then else, and how the math side of it works will seriously help you and will propel you ahead of the class. The math portion of it is what our class always had the hardest time learning .

haha well the VB that i have says learn VB in 24hours but i think its gonna take longer than that with a 450 page book! haha im probaly like 20 so far, its kinda hard to learn lol

Back
Top Bottom