Can't change the clock on my GPU

FlightSimBoy

Fully Optimized
Well, guys, I have been trying to overclock my GPU and so far, it has failed.

I have been using ATItool, I likes its simple to use interface. Whenever I try to up the memory or core clock and hit "change" or whatever, it goes back to the regular setting. When I even try to DOWNCLOCK, it goes back to normal. I also clicked on "set to default" and something weird happened, the screen became a field of vertical blue and green lines.

I don't want to overclock it for long. I just want to see if it will even overclock, and maybe even play a game or two before returning it to normal. I have read the overclocking guide on this forum, and that was of no help to me. I have also tried using RIVAtuner, and got the same results.

Here are some system specs:
eMachines T5226
Intel Pentium D 925 Dual Core Presler 3.0 GHz, 800 MHz FSB
2 GB Kingston Value Ram, PC2 4200
APower Platinum Edition 580W PSU

My GPU:
ATi Radeon X1650Pro
512 MB GDDR2 VRAM at 800 MHz
Core clock of 600 MHz
This is similar, except mine is not PowerColor and has a different HSF: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131068

Also, this is another weird thing. Check this out:
GPUProbinEverest.png

That is Everest Ultimate Edition, BTW

everest isnt reading your clocks right, also since your computer is a prefab it might be stopping it from doint that, did you buy the video card separately or did it come with your emachine?

Just a regular old emachines board, huh? I don't see why changing driver settings wouldn't work, give Rivatuner a shot and see if you come out any differently.

Edit: Haha, I'm an idiot. Let me see if I can find another tip.

Yeah, it's a bit... different. But it works well for me.

I looked around on google for a bit and came across a guy with an emachines PC that had a similar problem, he was complaining about not being able to change CPU or GPU core clock and people pretty much told him he was SOL. So you may want to invest in a new mobo, haha. Sorry man.

Thats what I thought. eMachines are good if and only if you upgrade the GPU, PSU, and RAM. I guess I have to add motherboard to that list now.

I really didn't want to OC, I just wanted to see if I could. I might have tried a game or two, but I need this computer to last me until I get enough money for the Ultimate Gaming PC. :)

Yeah, well the good news is it's almost Christmas. :D

I dunno though, I would probably start from scratch rather than continually upgrading the emachines and then have 2 PCs.

What I plan to do:
1. Save up about $10,000.
2. Go on a NewEgg shopping spree
3. Get the best parts I can find
4. Build the ultimate PC
5. Either give my current PC to my mom or a friend.

Back
Top Bottom