need a good mother board

dra2120

Baseband Member
I hope this is the right place to post this. anyway, background: I downloaded a new skin for internet Explorer 7, after the download the computer said it needed to restart for the download to take effect, so it restarted, but after the computer booted up when it would normally go to the windows loading screen, the moniter just went black. I have gone through the BIOS, and the boot menu and there is no way to boot into safe mode to do a system restore. So i was thinking that the hard drives crashed, but some friend of mine came over and we put a different hard drive in it, and the same thing happened. so we were thinking the mother board died. If after reading this you think that as well, can you help find a good mother board. If you have other ideas about what happened tell me so I can try to fix this thing.
computer specs:
ASUS P5ND2-SLI basic nforce4 mother board
P4 3.0 GHZ 930 DC 4 MB L2 cache S775 tray processor
Crucial 512 MB DDR2 pc 4200 memory Qty:2
Deskstar 250 GB 8 MB cache sataII NCQ system drive qty:2
nec 16x dual layer DVD/RW
EVGA Nvidia GEFORCE 7600 GT 256MB PCIE Graphics processor
(hard drives are in RAID)
I think that is all the essential info, I'm just copying all this off the invoice from alienware. If there is more you need to know, I'll do my best to get info for you.
thanx

When you try to turn it on, does everything light up, do the fans spin, can you hear the hard drives and cd drives spin up?

As far as i can tell everything powers up, the fans are so loud that i can't distuingish what is actually powering up, but yes everything turns on.

Take the RAM out and try to power up. If it beeps, then it's your RAM. If not, its most likely your motherboard. I'm going to say its most likely your MOBO, but that is one easy way to tell.

I tried that last night, and it did beep. so I started switching around the two stick of ram I have in there. trying one at a time and in different sockets. It still wouldn't load up. What are the chances of 2 sticks of ram dying at the same time?

Back
Top Bottom