Why is my uTorrent so slow?

BrynF_UK

Fully Optimized
for some reason, my download rate hardly gets above 0.4Kb/s and yet my upload is nearer to 2.5-3kb/s and i have them both set to unlimited :confused:

ive mapped a port for it through the router as well but there is still a little icon saying there is no incoming connections :confused: but its still downloading and uploading lol im confused

any ideas what i can do?

You seem to have done the right things, have you tried a different torrent client instead like Bitlord for example, I had the same trouble as you with UTORRENT so I just use the above instead, also it could be down to your ISP having a fair usage policy so check your ISP usage allowance and downloading times. the only other thing I can think of is you haven't set up a static IP address for you router to use.

well our connection has a dynamic IP, so each time the routers unplugged its a new IP, plus, im not sure but i dont think we have a fair usage policy, since just downloading things off firefox is pretty fast :confused:

Downloading things from a regular site like fire fox or Microsoft or Adobe, Epsom etc wont be effected but as soon as you select a P2P site most ISP now start capping your bandwidth at certain times of the day like peek times.
Have you tried using something like PEER GUARDIAN which hides your ISP and scrambles your band usage to prevent ISP from seeing where its being distributed.

no, but uTorrent is encrypted (well in the options it says so ;)) to stop the ISP knowing its a P2P transfer or something like that

Yeah I read that as well and it says that in BITCOMET as well but they soon find ways of getting round it so I took to using peer guardian with torrent software. With ISP Tiscali you are capped between 6PM-11pm

well im trying bitlord right now...so far ive got 99:99:99 seconds left..... lol

well im trying bitlord right now...so far ive got 99:99:99 seconds left..... lol

You shouldn't need to configure your router with that as I never, also your speed will also depend on how many seeds your getting your torrent file off, the more the merrier, and the type of file aswell if its a small file like mp3 it will be fast if its a big avi file then it will be alot slower.

okie dokie....i might have to leave it tomorrow all day to let it download

thanks mate :)

Is this for ALL your torrents? Because somtimes, if a torrent doesnt have enough peer's, or the peer's are slow, then your download speed will be low. It's the opposite for seeding - if there are a lot of seeder's, with a faster connection speed than you, you might not need to upload at all.

Back
Top Bottom