Need a new Computer NOW !!! :)

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
Hey guys,

I am trying to assemble a computer for my friend. He doesn't have a budget, maybe around $2500. He wants something good, something that will last. Please be realistic.

So far he only has 8800GT. These are the parts that I know he wants; Q6600 g0 step, an SLI motherboard, 4G of ram, windows vista & Thermalight Extreme 120 for the CPU (it is the best right?) Computer will be primarily used for Games, Games, and Games. I know that the new Intel processors coming out in Jan, so plz don't ask me to wait, its only about 15% performance increase. If someone can spare some time, taking under consideration the parts that I mentioned and would build a rig for me, I would really appreciate it. (If possible use Newegg & Clubit for g0 step)

Also what is better to have in terms of performance, 2 raptors 10,000rpm in raid 0 with 16m catch or 1 big hdd 7200rpm with 32m catch?

Thanks Guys.

Also what is better to have in terms of performance, 2 raptors 10,000rpm in raid 0 with 16m catch or 1 big hdd 7200rpm with 32m catch?

That is a nice budget, and I'm sure we're all going to have fun creating a nice system under that budget, considering the graphics card is even taken care of already!

I'd have to say I think 2 raptors with 10K RPM in Raid 0 would run better than one hard drive with a bigger cache.

How True is this???

"If you do get an LGA775 board/cpu with DDR2 you won't be compatible Intel's Nahelem, due out next year. Nahelem has some significant changes, including QuickPath and native quad and octo-core, not to mention a different socket and it requires DDR3"

When is this due Q4 2008?

Anyone Alive? :D

What ya guys think about this.

Q6600
680i MOBO
2 Raptors HDD
600w power supply, this is what I have inb mind;

Corsair 620hx
Silverstone OP/DA 650
PCP&C 610 Silencer
Seasonic S12 650w

EVGA 8800gt
Thermaltake ultra 120 or thermaltake V1
Thermaltake Armour, I think its a goods case. Put some extra 120mm fans on it also.

no need for raptors, they increase load times just by a couple of seconds, why waste 300$ for a couple of minutes shaved off loading times. get a WD 500GB Sata HDD, maybe another one and put them in RAID so that one backs up the other. im pretty sure its RAID1 im not sure though.

Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131181
Memory
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220245
this is DDR3 1600 so he will be able to OC the shit out of the whole system, although i would stick with 2GB of ram for now, you dont much more, and memory prices drop uber fast.

I was thinking more of raid 0 for best performance.

Correct me if im wrong, but this mobo is not SLI, is it? I need the best SLI mobo.

that dd3 is only 2g. whats better 4g dd2 or 2g ddr3? I think its 2 early for dd3 isnt it...? I mean they cost 2 much.

its SLI but there is better boards for SLI, but i really dont like SLI at all, you dont get that much performance improvement for cost, for poor price\FPS ratio.

if you want a good DDR2 mobo get the evga 680i A1 revesion. there not on newegg anymore but im sure other sites still have stock.

It is SLI, and 2GB DDR3 is far better then 4GB PC26400 and it's also got upgrade potential

See the black PCI slot? SLI. Hehe :)

Hey need help buildin? I'm in NYC too (Queens/Flushing area)

its SLI but there is better boards for SLI, but i really dont like SLI at all, you dont get that much performance improvement for cost, for poor price\FPS ratio.

if you want a good DDR2 mobo get the evga 680i A1 revesion. there not on newegg anymore but im sure other sites still have stock.

Thanks Rudster,

If my boy decides not to go with SLI, what is the best ddr2, q6600 compebable mobo?. And if he decided to go with dd3 is the "ASUS P5K3 DELUXE/WIFI-AP LGA 775 " will be good right?

Back
Top Bottom