Trying to OC CPU Further

Jason8284

Daemon Poster
Okay, I want to get my cpu up to 3.2GHz, so I need to mess with the VCore :) in order to get it up there.
I got my temps pretty nice now on this computer, so I have a little more space for OC'n.

In Bios, I have 2 different things in there for VCore.

VCore Voltage: I have it set on Auto right now (I think this is the 1 I mess with)
My options are
Auto
1.60000V
1.59375V
1.58750V
1.58125V
1.57500V
1.56875V
1.56250V

Other one is...

VCore Offset Voltage: I have it set on auto (I don't think I mess with this 1, but I'm not sure.
My options are
Auto
+100mv

Not sure what my cpu voltage is rated at, and I do not know which options to choose from. If you can lead me into the right direction that would be great.

Right now my cpu temps on idle are 34C and 36C, on full load it doesn't go pass 48-50c

get some software and find out the current voltage. cpu-z should be able to tell you. Then just choose the one which is higher than your stock voltage and oc as far as it goes. Then increase the voltage again and oc again. Repeat as long as necessary.

That's the safest way and this way you will know when you have enough voltage so you can keep it as low as possible. The lower the better. (lower power consumption, doesn't produce so much heat etc)

So I leave the VCore offset Voltage alone?

Also I checked my Voltage and it's at 1.328V, none of those voltages come close to that. Think i'll be okay selecting 1.56250V?

yeah I wouldn't touch the VCore offset.
And yeah you should be fine selecting 1.56250v, but first I'd try running some kind of stress test and then check the voltages. Don't know if cpu's lower the voltage too when not under load. Would be kind of logical since they do lower the clock speed to save energy.

So try to check the voltages while you are running a stress test to see if it gives you higher voltages. But if not then I guess there isn't any other choise than to go with 1.56250V. But you should be fine with that.

I didn't scroll down all the way, there were more options. I got it up to 3.12GHz, but my temps were so so, idling was at 44C on idle, didn't like that so put it back to the way I had it. 3.00GHz is good enough for now. Need a better cpu cooler before I OC more. THank yo for your help. I just got my cpu temps the way I like it so I guess I'll wait.

Back
Top Bottom