physical memory low

onthebrinc

Beta member
Hello Everyone,

Well its been a full year without, but I have finally seen a blue screen stating that my physical memory is low. The computer still works fine until I get the screen but I would like to stop its cause asap. Generally the comp will only bluescreeen if im running multiple programs but I have gotten it twice just after bootup. I am guessing this had something to do with my ram but ill let you helpful experienced guide me through this one. I have 4 years experience with comps and have dealt with every other issue (reload windows, drivers, replace hardrive) so im hoping to get this one straitened out also.

I have a 4year (1year hard drive) old dell inspiron 8600, Windows xp sp2, 90gb, (only half full) ,1.7 mhz processor, 512 ram. I generally communicate and photo edit with my computer with some video editing in there also. The bluescreen at hand is attached as an image so please let the help begin.

stop oxoooooo8e, 8xcdooooo6, ox80595acb,oxb8079b5o, oxoooooooo

Sincerely

Jeff

could never get the test to pen open something about bin extensions, but i coulod never get it to run.

You need like, PowerIso, then put it onto a cd or something, and then boot it up with the cd or disk in your drive by restarting your computer. Just make sure your boot is set to what you want it boot up on. It should work.

sounds like the most simple fix would be to add some ram, that is what physical memory low means, i want you to hit ctrl+alt+delete and go to the processes tab and tell me how many processes you have open (in the bottom left hand corner) should be 30-40 anything above is too many, if it is above 40 you either need to uninstall some programs, run anti-virus and anti-spyware, also add more ram if you cant uninstall enough programs

I have 38 processes running so maybe i am at the max it can handle. I was wondering how you adjust your startup programs. I have things like messenger opening up but i never use it.

Back
Top Bottom