Is my CPU Temp too low?

Softtissue

Baseband Member
Ok so I just installed my new E6850, and put in a Zalman 9500. Im running a 8800 GT with it and a P5K Mobo. Now I just put this in been running it a while, I used Arctic Silver 5 Compound of course.

My temperature readings from ASUS Probe is a solid consistent 11-14 degrees Celsius while idling. I haven't seen it under full load yet, but I have run some programs and it's never gone about 17 degrees Celsius. Does this even seem plausible? Is it possible that I put too much arctic silver compound on it or something?

Thanks for any help, this is kinda weird.

Wow. Whats your room temperature? That seems a bit too cool for a running cpu. Also, I think applying too much Artic Silver can actually cause the cpu to overheat, in which case, yours is definitely not.

Well, to put it this way, it is almost impossible to be too cool. There are very rare cases in which that can happen, but the probability of that is low.

Of course, True Folder is probably right about the temperature sensor.

If it isn't the probe, or anything else plausible for that matter, congratulations. :)

I have the same board, I wish Asus would release an updated Probe, it annoys me to have to open Coretemp as the new version of PC Probe II is easy on the eye, now I'm used to it I just add 9°C out of habit.

@OP, you'll probably find the variance to be around 9-10°C

EDIT: About too cold, well there were/are some cpu's that have the "cold bug" but the guys on OCAU that oc using DICE (Dry ice) and LN2 are getting cpu's down to -72°C under load and full ocs, now thats chilly

Well, I just installed Motherboard Monitor, it is also giving me a reading of 12 degrees Celsius. I'll try the one you gave me see what that gives me.

After using Core Temp, it says that I'm getting around 25 which is a much more realistic number. Too bad my computer wasn't just that amazing :p but thanks for the help atleast I have a way to measure my temp accurately.

Back
Top Bottom