new 8800's

It probably wont differ much in performance, but you're getting a good brand card with better support and a better bundle. Go for it! I just got my 8800gt (a 512mb version) and it is supperb...

The XFX one (scan) would actually perform better. It's a factory overclocked version. Definitely get that one.

I think this card will only last until the end of the year or so in terms of a performance push, before they bring out newer mid range cards anyway on the newer GPU's.
Games will come out, making Crysis seem like a play thing :p

It is a tempting buy though, if I can get rid of my 8800GTS 640mb for a few quid (not litterally a few quid)

what do you call a mid range card?
because at the moment this seems like a great price at 130, would thet be more than 130 cause if so even when they do come out i still wont be able to afford one
thanks

i would say the 8800gt are mid range, the high end ones are 8800gts & 8800gtx, saying that some 8600gt are quite good looking at the specs

8800gt is high-mid end. 8800gts is mid range. 8600 is low range. gtx and ultra are high/extreme end.

8800gt is mid range price-wise with MSRP of about $200(priced up for demand)
but high end performance wise nearing 8800gtx speeds
it is the first in the new series of cards that use the 65nm process and are quite a deal.

the new 8800gts using the G92 gpu will be mid-high with MSRP or ~$250-$300
but should easiely out perform current HIGH end cards.

and you can rest assured that they will come out with a new highend card that will destroy the current standards in both price and performance. i assume that will be announced and lauch in Q1-Q2 next year.

Back
Top Bottom