Defrag Nightmare

sorry i downloaded the RAID yes RAID driver and it had a makedisc.exe program that installed the RAID drivers on a floppy and there is a part in the install that says to install RAID drivers now... idk maybe its an asus thing but thats what the manual said and i had tried that but with a corrupt floppy disk. the drivers where installed but where corrupt so i tried another floppy and poof everything is recognized and is formatting preparing for the windows install

OK, well "all's well that ends well" I guess.

At least you now will have your os on your faster drive, well done :D

Now what was your original question?? pmsl

Run the WD tools on the fragged drive, see what they say, if they say the drive is OK, try a different IDE cable and run defrag again.

EDIT: Just running through your boards manual, it's not that different to my old P4C800E Deluxe which was a top board in its day.

i ran it on the drive while booting and it just said operating normal i formated the disk to get the previous windows install off and then unplugged it. the drive is like a month old and WD has a 1 year warranty on HDDs dont they? do you know how their warranty service is?

Did you d/load and run the Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows?

If WD tools is say the drive is OK then there is no need to rma.

If you do need to rma go to the WD site, insert your drives serial number and I believe you'll be issued with an RMA number etc. The site will also inform you of your warranty status once you have entered the serial number.

Back
Top Bottom