Defrag Nightmare

I'm wondering if his sata port is configured for RAID in BIOS. Check it out, and make sure that SATA is set for "Legacy" "Normal" or "IDE" mode.

good call, it should just show up as an available partition by default, unless someone has been changing bios settings.

I wouldn't say someone changed his BIOS though, I have seen a few Asrock socket 478 boards have RAID enabled by default.

so what should it be set to? the legacy mode? and it should recognize it no problem? i had to install raid drivers to get the drive recognized in XP would that indicate sata is in raid mode?

I would have thought normal, try that, if the drive fails to appear try IDE.

Not to familiar with your bios so I would need to d/load your manual to check, have you got the manual handy, it will be in there.

Or just reset the bios to default settings.

so what should it be set to? the legacy mode? and it should recognize it no problem? i had to install raid drivers to get the drive recognized in XP would that indicate sata is in raid mode?

If it's labeled as "Legacy" then yes, set it to that. It RAID might be the default so setting everything to default might not work.

If you had to install RAID drivers to install in XP, then yes it's running in RAID mode.

i reset the bios and still XP will not recognize my SATA drive... the raid driver i have on floppy says it had some error and cant load... i saw nothing about legacy or raid anything except i saw legacy for floppy

windows installer says

setup did not find any HDD installed in your computer

I'll d/load your manual, that's a skt 478 board isn't it?? (ASUS P4S800D-E)

This drive was recognised and accessable when you had windows on the IDE drive yes?

yeah i have checked the manual and i am trying to install the sata drivers i had a bad floppy last time so... hopeing

Back
Top Bottom