Your Opinion: 8600x2/8800

serani

In Runtime
So I was looking at getting two

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121095

A very well recommended card (although no one on newegg has seemed to comment yet !)

Thats for ~$300, then I thought at that point, hell might as well drop the same amount, respectively and buy an 8800 GT (performs nearly as well as GTS, and costs much less :D) then later upgrade and buy a second 8800

what are your thoughts?

I know at this time, with games as they are I probably won't see much of a difference...obviously the SLI 8600's would initially be better, but then later that upgrade of 2x8800's @ 16 each :D

Thanks for any advice

8800GT hands down. a single card will beat 2 cards in SLI for the same price every time. and the 8800GT is cheaper so its the best of both worlds.

Yea I was leaning towards 8800 GT, though I am having trouble finding it, newegg only carries the GTS/GTX apparently which are all ~$300-1k

If I do go with an 8800, it will be a GT, just have to find an appropriate vendor now.

The reason SLI'ing cards isn't that great at the moment is because when you SLI the bios sets both PCIe Slots to 8x each instead of 16x.

Yea but PNY and XFX,

I had an older XFX lower end gfx card and it was TRASH

I don't have any experience for PNY,

can anyone vouge for either?

XFX is great, and so is PNY. MattieDaShark83 has a PNY 8800GTS and he loves it. there all pretty much the same, dunno the warranty it comes with though. you could wait till newegg has the Evga cards in stock if you wanted to.

BTW the GPU being trash isnt XFX's fault, its yours for buying a lower end card ;)

Hah well I've got some lower end cards that are amazing compared to that thing I had...if you want to even call it a gf card..

anyways, yea I'd like to find an ASUS, or maybe even BFG

just preference

Back
Top Bottom