Computer Wont Boot After Ram Upgrade

neosempai

Solid State Member
I had two GB's of Patriot PC2-6400 DDR2 800mhz ram... and bought another 2GBs since its so cheap now, and now my system wont boot up (it just powers up, all fans going and everything (very loudly I might add) but it wont actually boot windows)... I've played around with it, when I only put in 3 sticks for 3GB's it works fine, but just not the 4th stick, and I've used the 4th stick as the 3rd GB and both of the sticks work fine individually...

I have Gigabyte P35 DS3R mobo and a E6750 CPU

either your mobo only supports 3gb (check the documentation), or the fact that windows x86 only reconises 3.25gb ram (normally) might be the problem, although it should still boot. this is wierd but i fail to see what else it could be

Waited on the phone forever for tech support... but here's what he did to fix it...

unplugged the system... unplugged all the drives from the motherboard and removed all the ram... then removed the battery... then waited 60 seconds and put the battery back in... left the drives unplugged and then put in just 1 stick of memory... booted up to bios and changed the voltage from default (1.8) to 2.2v (the number on the memory stick).. then added each other stick one by one (rebooting after every add)... now it works perfectly... all 4GB's and packin some speed!

Back
Top Bottom