my new computer is finally running!

worshipme

Golden Master
I finally got my new rig running but my PSU was faulty and had to be sent back, i was using an english one in france with a 10A 250V cable. This should be fine, right? I'm currently running it with a 400W, seems to be running fine, so I think I'll be OK until I get another. Anyway, I still have a few problems that I hope you guys can help me settle.
-I'm using a french keyboard, I need one because it has some of the caracters that an English KB does not posess. Only my PC doesn't have the configurations for a french KB setup, can I get these anywhere? BTW please excuse me if there are any false caracters anywhere but you have no idea hoz long it took me to find the exclamation mark in the title.-FIXED
-I can't get Oblivion to work. It comes up with a error message saying "Licence data could not be read" I phoned customer support and the guy said it could only be a faulty disk even though it's running fine on my other computer. I have 64bit vista.
-Also where can I get a free anti virus program that is compatible with a 64bit OS, 'cause AVG isn't.
Hope it isn't too much trouble to answer these questions. Tanx for your while my PC was in construction as well. BTW my whole system is currently being bottlenecked by a nvidia 6200 because my 8800GT has dispatched but hasn't arrived yet.

400w seems a little weak for the hardware in your signature if that's what you're running with it...but you can get a better estimate using an online power supply calculator..just google for one,,plug in your hardware and it will tell you what watt psu you should use.

I had a 600w but it was faulty so I'm just waiting for a new one. The PC is the one in my sig. EDIT. I forgot to add something, I have a OCZ Vendetta CPU cooler, which is cooling a Q6600, it seems to be running flat out judging by the noise. I used the bundled silicon based TC and it's keeping it at 15-20c at idle. Surely this can't be right? The sensor must have a problem, it should be around 10c higher I would have thought.

I used the power supply calculator and the power consumption at 100% load is 290W. Does anyone have a solution to my problem with Oblivion? I've posted it on the official Elder Scrolls forums and they reckon it's just because of the incompatibility issues with Vista. Is anyone on here running it on Vista.

EDIT: I've got another problem, my CPU (system in my sig.) was running at around 5% usage at idle; In my mobo manual, it says that 800MHz CL4 memory will automatically be downgraded to run a 667, and that you must change it manually, so, I go into my BIOS and change the memory to run at 800MHz, then reboot and start Windows back up again. My CPU usage is showing 35%, 50% when browsing the internet, so I return to the BIOS and undo everything I changed, still at 35/50%, what's up?

anyone?

FIXED: Turns out all my problems wer fixed by a complete and clean reinstall of Windows, turned out a Nero driver that couldn't be removed was at the source of most of it. Does anyone know some good free software that can rip, play and burn CDs/DVDs?

Back
Top Bottom