New Video Card (FINALLY)

drumthrasher

Fully Optimized
I got a Diamond ATI HD Radeon 2600PRO (the 512MB PCI-E one) @ the PX for $109 and no tax.
I posted this on alot of other forums before I bought it to see if it was good and before they read what I actually posted I made sure they knew that this is my only choice and nothing else yet the continued to post OH YOU SHOULD GET A 8800GTX and i'm like wtf??

But yeah this is perfect! Plays NFS:pro Street 30fps 1280x1024 high everything 2xAA, my main thing was with TDU. Before I could play it at 640x480 low settings and get 20fps now I can play it @ 1280x1024 high settings with HDR and 2xAA and get 30fps its great :)

Oh yeah before I had a 7300GS :eek:

Exaclty what happened to me, I posted which card should I get.. i namd x1950Pro HD2900GT, and one other ATI one, and all ANYONE commented was Oh you should get nvidia.. lol people these days.. need to stay on topic..

Nice I was thinking about and HD series but ended up with the x1950Pro by sapphire.. I love it .. plays crysis on all High settings max resolution which is 1440x900 for my monitor @ 30 FPS on average.. might surprise people.. but thats because all they know is nvidia..

anyway grats on your card.. you should get an HDMI monitor and hook that baby up with HDCP..

I think something is wrong with the drivers or CCC.

I open the ATI Overdrive tool, unlocked it, but the clocks that are shown are way lower than whats advertised online and on the box. The core differs by 50mhz and the memory by 400mhz...I don't think i'm getting the performance I can really get.

I got the latest drivers from the ATI/AMD site a few days ago...7.11 I believe for Vista 32-bit...since I dual-boot with XP imma try that and see if it is in fact the drivers.

Also, with 'ATI Tool' I can't change the clock settings either and they also show the same thing as in Overdrive.

Check diamonds website for a hotfix maybe.. thats the only thing I Can think of.. shouldn't be doing that.. if all else fails instlal the drivers that came with the card that should do the trick..

I put in an ATI support ticket a few days ago and was automatically responded...I didn't know I had to respond back to it until today.

im supposed to get an 8800GT soon....im upgrading from a 6600LE.......only problem is that the GT's are impossible to find, not in stock anywhere!

Diamond, lol.

This thread just reminded me of an ancient diamond PCI graphics card I have. My brother used it in his rig once while he was using a crappy power supply because his old one blew (can't run a 8800 on a crappy PSU now can ya?)

Back
Top Bottom