Laptop OS not installing

Looby

In Runtime
k hello guys hoping you guys can help me out im new to this forum and not sure if this is the best place to put this but here goes

laptop compaq presario 12XL300b

600mhz
64MB RAM (60MB after graphics)
6GB HDD
FDD
CD-ROM

k i have tried installing all the os's at my disposal and nothing works. computer locked up 3-4 years ago and after i finally got it running i put xp on it... that was fun for about 1/2sec then slowwww... it came with ME but would not recognize the recovery disk thingy... so xp it was so now i wiped it again xp is worthless on this computer so i tried ME no, 98 no (says it cant find my hard drive) also its a hp recovery disk and its a compaq so i guess no hope for that one???, 95 no invalid system disk, every linux install that will run on 64 megs of ram and nothing it will not even recognize the linux disks i make??? k WTF? i would like to just get something on this thing so i can use it for... idk word processing, internet forums whatever... i cant even get dos to change the directory from a:\ ... i thought i would try linux just for fun but nothing works so... ideas? ive never used linux but im willing to learn something new

thanks guys/gals/whatever
Looby

You might want to take a look at Xubuntu. It is a very simple to use and understand distro or linux. That is since you are willing to learn.

Here is the link to the homepage:
http://www.xubuntu.org/

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom