Woot!

D-Lew

Fully Optimized
I'm posting from ubuntu 7.10 on my main rig. Just thought I would try it out and see how I like it. It's different, and my n00b PC skills can't use it well, but we shall see what the future holds.

I love Linux. But learning it is a pain in the butt. Good luck.

If your gunna stay on Linux, your gunna find out that Google is your best friend. :)

i haven't ventured into linux yet, but if i do give it a spin, those linux cd's you put in and run it off of the cd seems like a good way to try it out...i may do that at some point if i get some spare time just to play around with it.

I've used linux, and i like it. But the thing is, it's not ideal for everything. ALL my friends use windows xp/vista, and when they want to use your computer, and they see this "Weird Thing" on the screen, they kinnda give up. I have no REAL reason to use Ubuntu, or and linux distro, over windows. Apart from my VPS - which uses Ubuntu 6.06 LTS Server Edition, but that is only really used to host websites.

I did it so I can show my roommate how a PC can be virus-free and have a pretty UI, while still using less resources and being 100% cheaper than his Mac. :D

Back
Top Bottom