I need Quiet..

Steemax

Daemon Poster
So I just recently made a new build in my sig.. and I need a case that is as quiet as possible but nothing flimsy.. What cases do you guys know of that fits that description?

Thanks!

well.. a case usually doesn't make much noise now does it? So the case doesn't matter that much, it's the fans that make the noise. :p

So pretty much any case can be quiet, however I'd go with one that has 120mm fan slots. Bigger fan means that it can move the same amount of air with a smaller rpm, and a small rpm usually means less noise.

For example look at this fan.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185004
"Noise Level 8.7 dBA"

so you won't probably even hear if it's spinning or not. The downside is that it doesn't move that much air since it only spins at 800rpm. It's quite expensive too, but then again $20 one way or another isn't that much when building a pc.

i wonder if anyone has every tried spraying the inside of a case with that spray-on rubber noise dampening stuff that you can spray on the underside of a vehicle to make it quieter? i've though about that, and wondered if it would work and/or help any.

Back
Top Bottom