normal prescott temp?

ericf19931

Daemon Poster
what is the normal prescott temp for P4 3 ghz socket 478? mine is currently at 37-40 C on idle and 47-52 on load.

iv got a p4 630 775, which is kind of the same, and when i was using the retail fan i was getting about 36 idle and upto 50 on load, soo yh them temps are fine

Looks good. I think temp can get as high as 70 degrees. There are a lot of variants on Pentium 4 (espcially for the socket you're using), but I'm just guessing your exact model number. Some are around 66 degrees max.

iv got a p4 630 775, which is kind of the same, and when i was using the retail fan i was getting about 36 idle and upto 50 on load, soo yh them temps are fine

i dont have a stock cooler though, i have an antec cooler

hmm yh same, whats your airflow like in your case?

im not sure with the 478, but with mine and ac cooling idle is about 28, and load is about 45, without Ocing.

but them temps are ok, there isnt anything wrong

The temps are ok, because their CPUs can go as high as 80 under load. I'm preety sure they can go as high as 120.

However, gplpark92, yours isn't...unless it's in Faranheit (sp) reading

80 degrees isn't right and you should NEVER let the CPU temp reach that high. Technically, the P4 Prescotts can run 80+ degrees (even up to 125 degrees celsius) for the Prescott P4, but their threshold limit for those temps cannot sustain consistent stability. It won't last for more than a 1,000-1,500 hrs (not a whole lot) at 85-90°C, so don't push it. The CPU you have from the first post is accurate and maintaning at those temps, your CPU will last you 50-75 years at 60°C. But I seriously doubt you're going to keep your PC for that long since 75 years from now, everything will be different.

Intel's safe zone is 70 degrees max.--taken directly from Intel.com

i got a pic of the inside, i know i still need to do some wiring but thats all i could do without tucking anything away.

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom