PSU to small?

ace777

Fully Optimized
I finished my first PC here are specs:
1.9 Ghz Dual core AMD athlon ( 45 watts)
2 Gb OCZ ram at 800mhz speed
300 Gb HD
a 380 watt PSU
and a XFX 8400 nvidia card with minimum sys requirements for power at 350
and other basic crap
but i was wondering if a 380 watt PSU can run the card(XFX) at that wattage or is it to much strain? the card says it needs 350 watts to run but is that with hardware included, if not what size PSUI would yuou recommend?

It should be okay. However, if you start to experience stability issues, you may want to replace the PSU.

If I were you I would save up a little more and go higher. Usually if you go for a high quality PSU, not only will they not fry and you have to pay for a new one anyway, they will have more power output, and if you ever need to upgrade, you won't have to re-spend that money anyway to get a good PSU. They aren't that expensive for around the 450-500 range any more.

ok I was trying to mount the motherboard in the case and i found some copper screws (mounting screws) and there are only 3 and 6 holes on the board should I use these or can I just use scrwes and mount them to the board

You have to use those things (called standoffs) or else the board will short circuit. Refer to your motherboard's manual for proper installation.

if it runs it runs, simple as that. also those "45 watt" amd's run at 62 watts as shown by toms hardware.

Back
Top Bottom