My Sunday (involves computers)

Thelis

Golden Master
I woke up today at 9, fully hoping to hop in the shower have a cool day. However, in the end I ended up install Ubuntu on my parent's comp in a rather... unconventional method. See, their desktop is a dell, and the CDR died. My rig of course has two nice Lite On drives. So I go to my room, and take one of my drives out. I go back to my parent's room and connect it thru sata to their Mobo. Everything is good, until I realize that I need SATA power for the drive... I ponder what to do for a couple of minutes and come up with this:

thelis_2007

DSCN1420.jpg

DSCN1416.jpg

So... my beautiful rig is being used as a power source.

I managed to get ubuntu installed, and everyone is now happy, well except that my 'day' just begun now.

Some screenshots:

Screenshot.png

The famed ubuntu terminal:

Screenshot-3.png

Re: My Suday (involves computers.)

Sweet, I had to do that when I built my new computer, except with my old hardrive, to transfer to my new one.

So you have the power lead from one and the cdr connected to the other? haha

i have done that kinda thing a few times before with HD's and once when i couldnt be bothered taking a psu out of a case to power a machine where there was a dead psu

My Sunday went something like this:
12 AM - Alright guys, one more game of beer pong
12:10 AM - Just one more game!
12:20 AM - I think...IT'S TIME FOR ONE MORE GAME

...until about 3, at which point all the beer and Mike's Hard was gone (the berry flavor is delicious). At which point we played drunken Wii boxing until we fell asleep. But we had 8 AM swim practice. And we weren't even straight yet. I don't know how much you guys know about swimming, but swimming involves flip turns. Basically doing a somersault in the water. Not good for the stomach. It was pretty rough, haha.

But I have a killer headache, ahhhhhhhhhh

EDIT: Ubuntu is a version of Linux:
http://www.ubuntu.com/

I installed Ubuntu exactly the same way once. Good job.

haha nice.. ive spent my weekend in bed with food poisoning.. so youve had a much ore productive weekend than me

Back
Top Bottom