Task bar is frozen.

tgoff

Solid State Member
Well not really sure how this happened but about 3 days ago I brought up my msconfig and put it so that msn messanger, steam and snocap (music buying program) wont start up once windows boots up and since then the task bar makes the "ding" noise indicating it is frozen and can't be used.

I even went back into msconfig and put it so everything starts back up and I have scanned my computer for everything possible and my computer is as clean as a whistle.

This makes everything much harder on account I can't minimize stuff, I just have to leave it up and shrink things to click on another program to see or else if I minimize it I can't get it back since the taskbar is messed up and wont let me click anything on there not even the icons, start, or the open programs.

Any idea on what caused to to become inactive and wont work?

Is msconfig set back to normal startup?

Go into the task manager and end explorer.exe, then restart it:
-Press CTRL+ALT+DEL
-Processes tab
-Find explorer.exe, and end process
-Hit New Task... under Applications tab
-Type explorer.exe and hit enter

yeah it's on normal start up. Gonna try this and ill respond with results in a min.

It worked!
Thank you freestyler! You made my life so much easier and now I can also help out another buddy who is having the same problem. I'm defiantly going to tell him to come here next time he has a problem and check it out.

Thanks bud!

Glad I could help.
In case you didn't realize it, basically all you did was restart the explorer process. The task bar is part of explorer.

Yeah I put two and two together and figured out that's what I did.
Thanks man I appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom