Some SLI q's

serani

In Runtime
Ok so I am definately going with intel right now because of their quad cores, moving on to SLI functionality:

I thought 680i enabled you to run SLI in 2 x16

Although all the boards I am finding only run SLI in 2 x 8

Can SLI be ran in dual 16?

umm correct me if im wrong, but the only chipset that supports PCI-E sli with both running at x16 is the new and upcoming 780i

wait, i thought SLI on pci-ex was always run at x16 on both slots? ..... wow, no wonder that people didnt get that much of a performance increase

nah...most if not all 680i chipsets can only support two SLI cards running at x8 but thinking about it i think there is a motherboard with an 680i chipset that does support SLI 16x ....

see now i know of the 780i and i just thought that ended up supporting ddr3 and pci 2 maybe?

nah...most if not all 680i chipsets can only support two SLI cards running at x8 but thinking about it i think there is a motherboard with an 680i chipset that does support SLI 16x ....

I could have sworn the NF68-A1's and T1's could support 16x SLI. Both SLI compatable ports are 16x....

well i did say i thought there was one ;)

but a lot of motherboards support SLI, have two x16 PCI-E ports but when SLI is enabled the motherboard automatically switches them both to x8

well i did say i thought there was one ;)

but a lot of motherboards support SLI, have two x16 PCI-E ports but when SLI is enabled the motherboard automatically switches them both to x8

exactly that is what i am trying to surpass

and 780i doesn't come out till....january?

Back
Top Bottom