whats the best FREE antivirus program?

intelboi

Baseband Member
im looking for a free antvirus program i was looking at avast is there a better one out there?

well the 2 best ones are already mentioned.
Either one of those will be great. I've used both of them, I've even used both of them at the same time.

Doesn't matter which one of those you choose, you will be happy with it. :)

I'm using Avast on my desktop PC. Active scan in the background all the time for double protection. I love it. I'm downloading off of a torrent, right. THe boom!!! Out of nowhere, my Avast pops up that it detected a foreign file from that one particular file. Yes, it saved the day. Plus, it has MSN protection, email protection, etc protection.

Avira is very good, but I hate the pop up window that comes up asking you to upgrade. AVG and Avast are better because they have email scanning and don't just scan attatchments and don't have annoying pop up windows like avira. You'd be fine with any one of those three though.

Try here for a good AV/FIREWALL + ANTIMALAWARE/EMAIL SECURITY+ FREE BACK UP SOFTWARE.

I use AVG and won't go back I don't think.
Never had issues, and at startup, it automatically scans for updates, etc, and even does a quick scan. This doesn't cause me any issues with my CPU, but it can be stopped anyway.

Back
Top Bottom