OMG, look at this phone from VW

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
This is like the best phone ever from Verizon Wireless besides the LG Voyager (not including the smartphones--because they're always the best). It's the new LG Venus. It's a hybrid touchscreen and keypad combo. It's so cheap too!! My contract renews this March coming up but I qualify for a free upgrade in February. If the phones don't change until then, this one is mine:

LG VENUS in Black
http://www.infosyncworld.com/phones/lg_venus.html?n=7

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/...t&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=3298

Well, you guys can look at the video review above and the nice picts too. It looks super nice for the price. Plus, it's a 3G phone and it's loaded!!

http://www.infosyncworld.com/phones/lg_venus.html?n=Video

92443761pd2.jpg

81164141ia8.jpg

You can see all the features it has by looking at the Phone Details at the VW site.

That's a nice phone. I like the voyager too, I actually thought it was running mac OS when I first looked at it because the interface looks a lot like mac OS at first glance. I like the venus because the price is very reasonable for everything it has.

Yes, that's what I thought too. It's cheaper than the Voyager and it's pretty affordable to most people. I think the Voyager is actually a smartphone, but the Venus is not. But the physical features are similar to of Voyager because of the similar touch screen interface (ie. iPhone). It's slick looking. I wish I can get it now.

$250 with a contract. That's ridiculous. Without a contract probably $500. What does it do that a Razr, etc can't?

I think the Voyager is the better deal really. Full QWERTY keyboard, and a FULL touch screen.

$250 with a contract. That's ridiculous. Without a contract probably $500. What does it do that a Razr, etc can't?

I think the Voyager is the better deal really. Full QWERTY keyboard, and a FULL touch screen.

It is a little high but not too bad I don't think. I never really liked the razr, they were cool at first but now it seems like everyone has one.

Haha, I hate the Razr, I'd never buy one. Just because like you said, too many people have them.
I was just trying to compare this phone to a typical relatively cheap flip phone. What does the Venus do that that doesn't?

Does anybody know what the rules are for getting the discounted phones? I know it's like an upgrade every 2 years deal, but what if your phone breaks? Can you extend your contract or something to still get the cheaper price?

The Venus can get pretty cheap. You can get it for $199 if you purchase it here online:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/...t&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=3298

......plus, I have a a $100 credit for free upgrade in March bringing my total down to just a measly $99!!! Of course there are a lot of phones for under $100 so you can get phones for FREE, but why bother when you can apply that $100 for a nicer phone and pay the difference? I would go that route and the Venus is sexy. FOr the women, they have pink, lol.

If your phone breaks, you have insurance (you pay monthly to have the insurance coverage) that will cover it. Warranty does not cover breakage or the phone getting wet, etc. Verizon factory warranty only covers defects with the phone. This one phone a friend of mine had before would constantly drop calls for no reason when it clearly should have worked. I went with him to the Verizon store and he got a free replacement. I have no insurance. As long as you take care of it and don't drop it often, it will work for years (until your next free upgrade, hehe).

To get discounted phones like the upgrade deal, you need to renew your contract with Verizon Wireless. I see no reason to switch carriers since VW is the best I've ever had and I need a cell phone-----might as well keep on going. I don't mind.

Thanks. Well the charger port on my phone broke, and it doesn't charge properly anymore. I got it about a year ago. Do you think they'll cover that?
(sorry to bring the thread off topic)

Anyway, it does look like a good phone if you can get it that cheap. Especially if you're into the sexy iPhone type look.

Hmmm, I don't know about that. I think that may be the insurance covering that kind of damage. But what I suggest you do is to take it to a local Verizon Wireless store. They're very eager to help. Some are generous enough where they may just replace your phone at no cost.

Yeah, I may just do that. It's not really urgent, because if I hold the charger in place it charges, so I can still use it at least.
+1 :)

Back
Top Bottom