The New nVidia Chipsets?

I get so confused with all these chipsets...

My P35 board is out of date now, or at least will be in the next 1/2 year or so it seems, to the extent I may find it hard to update to the latest parts.

USB 3.0 shouldn't be a problem as they'll be a PCI board for this, but the next PCI-E step up, might be? I've heard its backward compatable though with older ones for the time being.

the main reasons im gonna wait for the 780i is because its an nVidia chipset....which is what i want since ill be using the integrated graphics for a bit until i get a better card ...but i agree all these new chipsets and motherboard revisions are really confusing lol :D

The ONLY thing I like about the new chipset is the PCI-e 2.0 support...and eventually the DDR3 technology. That's about it. I don't care for the tri or quad SLI deal. I'll probably never use the power. I'm sure there will be variant chipsets that are more toned down than the 780i and not have the option to work with SLI to that extreme.

Most of the features of the 780i are very similar to those of the Intel X38 chipset, but the 780i has one added benefit: a 3-way SLI.

X48 will also come out next year. All of these will be out dated in few months including 780i and 790i.

the main reasons im gonna wait for the 780i is because its an nVidia chipset....which is what i want since ill be using the integrated graphics for a bit until i get a better card ...but i agree all these new chipsets and motherboard revisions are really confusing lol :D
Most of the 780i chipset boards won't have integrated graphics. They figure, if you're buying a board that expensive, you can afford a dedicated graphics card. So why waste time and money on integrated?
Most of the features of the 780i are very similar to those of the Intel X38 chipset, but the 780i has one added benefit: a 3-way SLI.

X48 will also come out next year. All of these will be out dated in few months including 780i and 790i.
Exactly, which is why the X38 is really a better deal right now I'd say. Most people don't need 3 way SLI, and the X38 boards are gonna be cheaper and better developed.

Back
Top Bottom