putting xbmc on my xbox?

Rubber314Chicken

Golden Master
I have a v.4 xbox, and I want to put xbmc on it. Is it illegal? I don't have action replay or one of the games with an exploit, but can it be done entirely through ftp? once its installed (I'd like it in the dashboard) would the xbox still function normally? (i'm not worried about xbox live- my parents would never let us use it and no one wants to pay for it (my parents wouldn't)) I would go into it by clicking on XBMC on the dashboard, right? would I have to replace another item on the dashboard, or would it just be added at the bottom?

edit- mods if it is illegal to put xbmc on your xbox (not what can be done with it but putting it on your xbox) please delete this thread.

ok I have no problem getting a copy of splinter cell or mechassault (the 2 games that I know have the exploit that sound fun to play as well) because I've got a ton of game stores in my area. I just don't wanna have to spend $30 for a action replay.

and the reason I thought they might be illegal is because I read that the bios is bases off of Microsoft's which is copyrighted.

if you ever need help with a soft mod you can message me man

you thing you might wanna do is mod a breakaway cable to a male usb port and get a memory card, thats what i did to transfer the soft mod files(linux) for splinter cell to my xbox

Back
Top Bottom