CounterStrike versus Call of Duty 2

Thrasher

Daemon Poster
I couldn't resist posting a thread because everytime I get a get a LAN party organized there's usually a conflict of opinion between my group of gamers about playing Call of Duty 2 or playing Counter Strike Source. Now, we're all decent players, most of us just have crappy computers so we always pay to host them at a local gaming cafe with usually about 18 people we know. It's normally afterwards if have a friendly debate about each game's pros and cons and I'm definitely a CS:S fanatic.

I'm going to a shorter than usual LAN party tomorrow for about 5 hours but it'll be both these games most of the time. Now, I haven't played CS 1.6 so I'm not sure about including that game in comparison but I have CS:Source in mind.

CS has something like more than 2 dozen weapons in total when in Call of Duty 2, you get a choice of between something like 4 or 5 similar rifles per side so that's under 1 dozen roughly. I'm going to try Team Match in CoD2 tomorrow with my friends because we always played Death Match which gets so repetitive because all the guns are basically the same, there's scoped rifles, then rifles with basic sights and then there's the automatic you'd have to be suicidal to choose haha.

Everybody usually camps, peering out of the windows, trying not to get spotted and fighting over who gets to kill the guy running in the street first. I mean it's not bad in a couple of the maps having stealth orientated gameplay when there's alot of plants and that but in other maps everybody has their own tricky spot they like to sit in or it's kinda like a game of chasey in which I forget what key you use for melee just as an enemy comes around the corner and I get smacked in the face LOL it's usually the same guy too...

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of any FPS and I'm usually coming 4th or something out of 12 or so players in CoD2 but I always see it as such an inferior game compared to CS:S.

There's so many great maps in CS and there's so many possibilities in executing tactics as a team and storming in strategically, not to mention how a large choice of weapons means you never know what to expect cause there's all sorts of combinations - it's freaking awesome!

What do you guys think?

Call of Duty 2 makes the better LAN game, staple of our LAN's.

We never have anyone hide in the windows alot, typically everyone spots them and they get pwned.

I would have to say I prefer COD2 overal because it does have the option of single player and the multiplayer is quite good aswell

Well for LAN or online play I would say CS is much better than COD2. If you're looking for singleplayer then COD2 is far superior seeing as that was what it was originally built around and the singleplayer campaign is just awesome to say the least.

With that said, you need to change your poll (i dont think you can tho) to be a little more specific because you are talking about online play.

Hmm yeah true, I meant LAN and Online player together, basically just multiplayer, it's pretty much the same, just not storyline, I haven't tried playing any single player in Counter Strike or Call of Duty 2 let alone any of the other games in the Call of Duty franchise. It's fine aslong as a voter reads the rest of the thread.

Honestly... I'd rather play UT.

But I like CS:S more than CoD.

I hate WWII themed FPS.

counter strike 1.6 is a good game on LAN and is not that demanding on the PC

Yeah I got an old PC from back in 2000 that runs 1.6 like butter. That game is perfect for old comps.

i was off an on between the two games, but i am better at cs so i play that. also cs isnt nearly as demanding as cod2 (but it looks beautiful even when im using the dx7 option), overall cs wins (1.6).

yeah I just had another small argument with my friend who's a CoD2 fan and also the bassist in my band haha. He didn't have much of a point, just claiming it was more realistic than CS:S because CoD2 has that damage factor when you're presented with a visual handicap once you've been hit, but that is about it when it comes to realism: I find most WW2 games a real bore!

Sure with CS, real SWAT styled teams wouldn't jump around corners or camp but the gameplay is thrilling and again, so strategic for a FPS. Would be kool to get some new votes in this thread, not sure if my friend was joking when he said I probably created multiple accounts on CF to vote for Counter Strike haha!

Back
Top Bottom